Submissions for Spring/April issue open: 1st February (midnight) GMT and close: 28th February (midnight) GMT.
Submissions for Autumn/ October issue open: 1st July (midnight) GMT and close: 31st July (midnight) GMT.
1. Send your work, including images for haiga, in the body of an email only – attachments will not be opened.
You must include your country, full name, and email address in the body of the email to be considered. For haiga, images should have a resolution of at least 200 dpi and the image must be at least 1200 px in size.
2. We consider only works that have never been previously published elsewhere, either online or in print, (this includes on social media sites, blogs, and websites).
3. We do not consider works submitted elsewhere simultaneously, including to journals or competitions.
4. The work presented must be yours exclusively or if it's a collaboration, all persons involved in the collaboration must be included in the submission.
The names of the authors (poet and photographer/artist) must be included in the haiga photograph/artwork.
5. We encourage, but do not require you to submit your works in your native language, along with the English version.
6. You may make one submission per reading period of:
- Not more than 10 tanka
- Not more than 12 haiku
- Not more than 12 senryu
- Not more than 3 haibun
- Not more than 3 tanka prose
- Not more than 3 haiga/tankart
7. What we do not accept:
- mainstream short form poetry
- sequences of any type
- linked verse
- rhymed work
- books for review
Members of the editorial team will acknowledge your submission within a week of receipt.
Final acceptances or rejections will be sent once the final selections are complete.
If you happen to experience a delay, please contact the principal editor, Sonam,
REMINDER: Please send any/all other submissions (within the "body" of an email), with the Subject heading
for the appropriate form you are submitting to, in all CAPITAL LETTERS.
Submit your work according to the following genre editors:
Tanka Editor: Jenny Fraser, New Zealand
submittocattails+TANKA@gmail.com with the subject heading: TANKA
Haiku Editor: Geethanjali Rajan, India
submittocattails+HAIKU@gmail.com with the subject heading: HAIKU
Senryu Editor: David J Kelly, Ireland
submittocattails+SENRYU@gmail.com with the subject heading: SENRYU
Haibun Editor: Sonam Chhoki, Bhutan
submittocattails+HAIBUN@gmail.com with the subject heading: HAIBUN
Tanka Prose Editor: Mike Montreuil, Canada
submittocattails+TANKAPROSE@gmail.com with the subject heading: TANKAPROSE
Haiga/Tankart Editor: Lavana Kray, Romania
submittocattails+HAIGA@gmail.com with the subject heading HAIGA
Associate Editor - Newsletter and Social Media : Shobhana Kumar, India
Managing Editor: Mike Montreuil, Canada
submittocattails+TECH@gmail.com with the subject heading: TECH
All rights revert back to authors upon publication, although credits for having been first-published in cattails (both online
and in print), are required, as are credits for any collaboration of any submission. We reserve the right to reprint accepted
work in electronic or hardcopy form.
Copyright © 2017-, cattailsjournal.com
All rights reserved by the respective authors & artists.